You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Bedi Shield is a specialised mouth prop that allows home carers & health professionals to carry out hygiene procedure like brushing, dental check –ups, dry mouth care and other oral care procedures.
It is a useful care product for people with any form of cognitive loss and memory impairment such as dementia, autism – as well as young children
Problems with oral care without the Bedi Shield
- An individual with cognitive loss (such as dementia) may bite the caregiver
- Opening the mouth wide to prevent biting can cause jaw discomfort to the care recipient
- A finger directly in the mouth is unhygienic for both the care giver and care recipient
- Safe and hygienic method of inspecting the mouth
- Washes easily with water and soap
- Protects care-givers finger from involuntary biting
- Care recipient can rest teeth on the Bedi Sheild reducing jaw ache and discomfort
How to use:
- Place a finger into the Bedi Shield.
- Each shield has two inserts on each side, allowing the carer giver to hold unto the shield if a little loose
- Insert the shield comfortably into one side of the patient’s mouth between their teeth
- The device comfortably and securely keeps the mouth open while they inspect or clean the other side
- Once complete simple repeat action on the opposite side of the mouth
- The Bedi Shield comes in a pack of 12
- Each single shield last for up to 2 weeks
- Each box is 24 weeks supply for an individual