You have no items in your shopping cart.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Disposable Incontinence Products
This entry was posted on December 9, 2011.
If you suffer from incontinence then you will know all too well about the various incontinence products on the market. Although selecting the right type is completely a personal choice, here are some of the positive and negative impacts of choosing disposable products over reusable ones.
- Because you are paying for the convenience of being able to dispose of your incontinence pants and pads, it can be a bit more costly in the long run. On the other hand, if you suffer with severe incontinence problems, it can be a more comfortable option to throw your pants and pads away after use, rather than having the not so pleasant task of washing them.
- Another alternative is to combine these two main choices, for example, wearing disposable incontinence pads with washable pants. Many opt to do this for extra peace of mind when it comes to untimely leakages as it offers added protection and absorbency.
- Often the decision can depend on the specific products you use. Whilst for some, changing a pad is the quickest and easiest thing to do; changing an entire pant can often be a bit less convenient, especially if you are out for the day.
- Another factor that can be taken into account when determining your preference is the environmental impact of your choice. Washable products contribute less to the ever increasing issue of environmental waste build up, however, they will still need to be washed which requires the use of water.
- When it comes to night time specifically, there is a wide selection of incontinence aids and waterproof bedding that can be used to ensure you stay dry and secure during the night, should any leakages occur while you’re asleep.
- Remember that the most important thing is that you are comfortable. So if you have
to – try both disposable and reusable options to experience firsthand which one suits you and your lifestyle best.
Choose from a wide range of washable incontinence products from Beaucare Medical. They are an official online distributor of high quality, branded products by some of the UK’s leading manufacturers. There wide range is available in all sizes and at affordable prices. Visit their website now to browse through their selection products including male incontinence products, pants, pads, waterproof bedding and much more.