You have no items in your shopping cart.
Choosing Care Home Essentials – Part One
This entry was posted on September 27, 2014.
Care homes are a huge business in the UK, and as such it is important that they are attractive and welcoming to the patients they are caring for, and also for the peace of mind of the families of those in care. Alongside this however, there are a lot of care home essentials that are required in order to make sure that a care home runs smoothly and efficiently and is prepared for anything.
Because a care home is responsible for the well being of those who are elderly and vulnerable, then it is important that you have the essentials to care for them properly.
What Are The Care Home Essentials?
In terms of care home essentials, there are a lot of products that can be considered vital; however different types of care need more specialist equipment and supplies. Some of the universal care home essentials include:
- Incontinence Products – incontinence is an issue that affects a large amount of people, especially as they get older. Therefore ensuring that you have preparations to help ease any issues that are associated with urinary incontinence in place, is a great idea for the dignity of your patients and the benefit of your staff.
- Gloves – having a range of disposable gloves to hand is possibly one of the most vital care home essentials. Disposable medical grade gloves are important for patient handling and other important tasks; in order to prevent the spread of infection to patients and staff.
- Disposable Protective Clothing – some homes may require things such as aprons, oversleeves and overshoes more than others, however it is prudent to have them on the premises in order to be prepared for any eventualities.
- Patient Handling Equipment – one of the issues that carers face as patients age, is the difficulty of moving them. Having the right patient handling equipment in stock such as hoists and slings are important in order to keep patients comfortable when moving them from a to b; as well as protecting the safety of the user.
- Secure Drug Cabinets – having a secure method of storing drugs and medicines is one of the most important care home essentials, so as to avoid them being stolen and sold on, and to prevent patients from getting hold of controlled substances and causing harm to themselves.
This is just a basic look at some of the things that you might need in order to ensure that your staff and patients have the care home essentials that they need. These are things that will have an important and versatile role to play within a care home environment. The second part of this series will look at the options you have to make your patients feel more comfortable and at home.
For all your care home essentials, then speak to Beaucare Medical – our trusted team will give you the help and advice you will need 01423 873666